An on-campus hostel facility provides students from far off places, especially those from other nations with a sense of safety and belongingness. But, the benefits of hostel life are not merely limited to acting as a shelter home.
- Life in the hostel is very disciplined. Children learn to live in an organized manner as there are fixed times for waking up, eating, play, sleeping and so on. This also ensures that their bio clock is not disturbed
- Since most hostel rooms are available on a sharing basis, children learn the importance of cooperation
- A child is likely to become more wise and independent since he or she is required to do all their work on their own – taking care of books, clothes, even money. This instils the child with a greater sense of responsibility and accountability
- A hostel life keeps at bay feelings of loneliness as children are able to make new friends and are almost always surrounded by them. This also allows a child, especially the introverts to push past their comfort zones and develop meaningful relationships
- Hostel life is also conducive to study as children of similar age-groups can come together in groups, sort out each others’ queries, exchange books, and so on
IIS also encourages a safe and enjoyable hostel life for its students by providing both weekly and regular on-campus residential facilities for students from Grade 3 through Grade 12. Weekly boarders reside from Monday to Friday following which they spend their weekends at home while regular boarders live on-campus throughout the academic year.
The hostel rooms are spacious and furnished with comfortable beds, allotted on a sharing basis of two or three students per room. Each residential facility houses a TV and a common study area. The common dining hall is the place where students enjoy wholesome meals together, offered from a varied menu that caters to the tastes of both Indian and International boarders.
The Indian International School’s Hostel Block is built within the pristine campus spread across 30 acres of forested parkland. The residential facility is available for students throughout the academic year. It offers weekly and regular boarding options for the students from Grade 3 to Grade 12. Weekly boarding students reside at school from Monday to Friday and return home for the weekends, whereas regular boarding students live in hostel throughout the academic year.
The hostels are quite spacious and are allocated on a shared basis to encourage socialization, emotional, and mental well-being. All the rooms are equipped with modern amenities of international standards such as comfortable furnishings, running hot/cold water, storage, and study area.
Boarders and day scholars are encouraged to spend quality time during and after school hours. Here, at IIS, we encourage our students to do what they like to do best such as music, playing instruments, sports (indoor and outdoor), reading, or just plain lounging that creates that extra dimension in their lives. Each residential facility houses a TV room for students where they can watch their favorite shows or movies and a common study area for encouraging group studies.
At IIS, we have specially taken care of the quality of food. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served in the dining hall, which offers healthy and in-house cooked meals. We have a varied menu to cater to international and Indian boarding students.
At IIS, we take studies seriously meanwhile motivating students to join their choice of co-curricular activities. Hikes, excursions, yoga camps, and adventure trips are exciting experiences that are all part of holistic education as IIT enabling students to evolve into confident and young leaders. These events also create opportunities for creativity, outdoor activities, and team building.